Privacy & Payment Policy
Rapid Adventures Private Limited takes your privacy extremely seriously and we are committed to doing everything we can to protect your personal information provided to us when inquiring about or booking a holiday or other travel service with Rapid Adventures Private Limited.
We at Rapid Adventures Private Limited understand and respect the importance of your privacy. We are committed to safeguarding your personal information and this statement outlines our commitment to you are as the following:
- We will be transparent about the information we collect and what we will do with it;
- We will use the information you give us only for the purposes described in our Privacy Statement;
- We will use the information to help understand your needs and provide more relevant offers; if you tell us to cease marketing messages, – we will stop sending them.
- We will put in place measures to protect your information and keep it secure;
- We will respect your data protection rights and aim to give you control over your own information.
Information we collect from you:
This section summarizes what personal information we collect, and where this information originates.
We may collect information about you when you, or someone acting on your behalf, contact(s) us by phone, email, post or otherwise, and when you correspond(s) with us via our website and online forms. Please note that calls may be recorded for training and quality control purposes.
Information that you provide us with can take many forms, including;
- When booking holiday arrangements, we will ask you to provide information such as; your name, gender, date of birth, contact details (postal address, email address and telephone number) and marketing preferences.
- Your preferred rooming arrangements and other special requests which may include Special Categories of personal data such as the name and telephone number of an emergency contact person (whom we will only contact in urgent circumstances while you are away)
- Your travel insurance details; where necessary, we may also request your passport details and other information directly required to provide your holiday arrangements;
- When you call us or correspond with us about your booking, we may record the call and/or keep information on why you contacted us, and the advice we gave you;
- When you make a payment to us, we will receive information from you including details of your payment card or your bank account (this information is processed using a third party payment services provider and is not stored by us);
- On your return from holiday we email or post a satisfaction survey to you. This gives us specific feedback on any issue you may have experienced, and statistical data we can amalgamate in order to monitor the quality of our holidays.
- When you visit us at a public event, such as trade show or exhibition or participate in one of our surveys, competitions or prize draws, we may ask for information, such as your name, contact details, interests and marketing preferences.
- When you use our online services, we may receive content that you choose to upload such as reviews, comments, photos, forum posts or details of your interests and marketing preferences
- You may also provide us with written or photographic content for us to load on to our website, including reviews and articles.
Special categories of personal data
We may collect, use and share the following special categories of personal data about you only where it is strictly necessary in order to deliver the travel arrangements you have purchased (for example, to assist with visa applications or ensure appropriate food for those with serious/life threatening allergies)
- Dietary requirements which may disclose health matters or your religious or philosophical beliefs;
- Health, including information about any disability or medical condition which may affect the chosen holiday arrangements.
Information we may collect when you use our website
Our websites provide us with information about your use, including:
- Details of the content that you view and interact with during a browsing session.
- Technical information such as, but not limited to, service, product or server logs, IP address, time and location,
Domain, device and application settings, errors and hardware activity etc
- Interests and preferences that you specify during the curation of your holiday arrangements;
- Email/chat communications you have with us may be monitored and logged.
Aggregated information derived from your personal data
We may collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical and demographic data for analytical purposes. Whilst derived from your personal data, it is not considered personal data as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
If you fail to provide personal information:
Should you fail to provide data required either by law, or necessary to provide your chosen travel arrangements, we will not be able to provide the services you have booked or are attempting to book. This may result in Explore being unable to process your booking and be forced to cancel the booking. In this case, we will treat this as a ‘cancellation by you’ in accordance with the relevant Booking Terms & Conditions and notify you accordingly.*
- Any payments made will be non refundable and if you have any inquiries regarding the payments please be kind enough to send us a mail to [email protected]
- Any fees regarding to bank transfers are solely liable by the customer to bank and no any bank charges or charges will be paid by us.
- Upon making an online payment with a credit card the system will direct you to the online form which you’ll fill in and send. All your personal banking details are protected by a gateway using an SSL protocol with 128-bit encryption.
- rapidadventures.lk does not store any credit card details, CVV2 numbers or any other details linked to online transactions through rapidadventures.lk
- With online payment you choose a payment method and with your authorization we take payment of the confirmed amount.
- After each payment you should take a printout of Online Payment Result page as proof for further assistance (Note – Have to provide us Transaction Receipt ID). Without this ID, rapidadventures.lk will not responsible for any inconvenience happened in clients end.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Last update on: 20th March 2019